Richard II Blu-Ray Sonnet Contest
↳ You see this Blu-Ray disc of Richard II? Well, it turns out my DVD drive can’t play them, after all. So, you know what that means. That’s right, I’m going to give it away to some lucky blogger. But you’ll have to earn it first. How, you ask?
- Write a sonnet. Or two. Or fifteen. As many as you want. You can find sonnet writing rules and tips here, here and here.
- Submit it to my blog here by October 2, 2014.
- OR post it on your own blog by Oct. 2 and be sure to tag fiftysevenacademics in the body of the post and in the tags so I will see it. If you don’t tag me I can’t promise I’ll see it. I will not consider anything posted after Oct. 2, 2014.
- I will give the Blu-Ray disc to the sonnet that I think is best. Which basically means, the one that pleases me the most.
- Winner must have an open ask box so I can contact you.
- Winner must be willing to share a postal address with me so I can send you the disc.
- No anonymous submissions.
- All work must be your own, original work. I’ll be checking to make sure potential winners haven’t stolen a poem published by someone else.
Never written a sonnet before? Don’t despair! It’s not that hard. I’m not that good at it, myself, but that doesn’t stop me from trying. So give it a try!